Followers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Time for dinner!!! I ♥ making home cooked meals for my family. That's the way my momma raised me. It was rare when momma would have hot dogs on the table at dinner time. She would make things like... country fried steak, fried chicken, beef tips and rice, and my fave roast and gravy with homemade mashed potatoes! When I was my little girls age, I remember helping my momma "smash" the potatoes for dinner. My sister and I use to go into the kitchen and taste test the food before it was done...and we still do! Nobody cooks as good as momma! I have home cooked meals in my own home on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. We attend church on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday so on those days there's no time to cook anything elaborate. I usually make something simple such as hot dogs, lasagna or chicken noodle soup on those days. It works out. Tonight I'm making turkey loaf, salad and biscuits. Most people haven't heard of a turkey loaf. It's just meat loaf made out of ground turkey meat instead of beef. I like to mix stuffing, mixed veggies, salt & pepper in mine. Then I pour a little olive oil on the top just to make it nice and crisp on the top. It's tastes great and is very healthy. You should try it sometime :) Well I'm off to make my salad and to keep it retro fabulous in my home ;)

No comments: