Followers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Retro Cleaning Day!


Today started off in the book of Proverbs chapter 31. What a fitting chapter to read to start to off my cleaning rampage but first I needed some fuel so I made muffins and coffee! I started out with orange muffins then added some fresh blueberries to the mix. Then I served them with strawberries on the side :) The kids really liked them and I was off to clean. I started out with my portion of the house while the boys finished their schooling. I deep cleaned the bathrooms, mopped the floors, vacuumed and cleaned my bedroom and sitting room. When the boys finished their schoolwork Jake and I started on the kitchen , while Jon cleaned the living room. We then spit up. I helped Jorja clean her room, Jake cleaned and vacuumed his room and the computer room and Jon worked on his bedroom and bath tub. After I finished with the front of the house Jake and I took the school room. Jake straightened the books, p/u the toys and decluttered tables while I sweep the rugs and floor. I did some extra spot cleaning on the carpets and swept off the front and back porches. I didn't want anyone tracking in more dirt! After all we were cleaning for almost 4 hours. Jon finally finished vacuuming the rest of the house while Jared and Joel came behind us undoing all our hard work playing with their toys. That's ok though... That's Life :) They kids and I were happy to finally get it all done and the kids were rewarded with some playtime while mommy facebooked and blogged :) I don't know how those ladies did it back in the day in heels and dresses. It's hard work and I couldn't clean like that everyday but I am going to do my best to clean something ridiculous like my couch cushions, washing the curtains or wiping the cabinets out haha! Whatever it takes to try and be like those momma's of the 1950's ;)
































































6 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Good job, your home looks lovely!

Michelle Murray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Murray said...

Why thank you so much for saying so :) I have moved since then and need to post an updated cleaning spree ;) Have a nice day!

MamaHen said...

Whew! Prop those feet up. You have been working hard. It is nice to get a good cleaning in.

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading your post!! :) Your pictures are great. I was blog hopping and found yours. I'm now following. If you get a chance, drop by my blog. Have to go....you've inspired me to vacuum!!!

Michelle Murray said...

Ha ha Let'sMakeADifference! Thank you so much for following my blog! I happy to see that I have inspired you to vacuum lol happy cleaning and I will stop by :)