Followers

Friday, June 11, 2010

There's No Place Like Home





Out of all the places I could be in the world, there's no other place I'd rather be then at home! I love being here with my children day in and day out. Even though they can be little buggers sometimes, I never think to myself....I gotta get away. This is my calling in life. This is my God given purpose. As much as I'd like to pursue other interests and I have... I'm always pulled back here. As the saying goes...Home is where the heart is and that's where my heart is! It's always hard for me to leave my family and go out by myself. I just feel naked! Kinda like I forgot my purse at home or something. I do go out from time to time but it's rare. I'd much rather stay at home and tend to the ways of my household. Weather it be cleaning, laundry or cooking I feel that's my ministry. It brings me joy and happiness to know that I'm doing what the Lord has called me to do and that is caring for my family. It's my job! What a job it is and the best part about it is I can't get fired!! lol There is no higher career goal for me. I've reached it! I'm not ashamed to be called a homemaker b/c that's what I do I make my house a home. I'm very proud of my title as wife and mother. On most days at the Murray house I'm not stressed out! Granted there are those times when I get overwhelmed with schooling or laundry but for the most part it's a pretty laid back place. I remember the days when I had to juggle work, children, church, husband and home and I just wasn't happy doing it. I always felt a tug at my heart to stay at home with my children and one day I did. I worked in the medical field for 6 years and then decided it was time to stay home. I mean after child number 4 it seemed like the best way to do things neway. I cannot express to you how fulfilling this occupation is to me now. Although being a homemaker is a full-time job! It reminds me of that saying "Man's work is from sun to sun, a woman's work is never done" and that's the truth! I have many task and duties that need my constant attention such as laundry! That's one of those chores that truly is never done but I have found such satisfaction in doing it for my family. I get a feeling of such accomplishment when I'm done, not stress, tiredness or relief that it's done but happiness. If u take a look at the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31:10-31 you'll find that she was a very busy lady as well. I get no satisfaction out of laying around doing nothing. I try to follow her example as much as possible in my daily life. She's a help to her husband, a wise shopper, a faithful cook, she grows things at home (I'm still working on that one), she's diligent, she sews (not my best quality), she's full of compassion (working on that one as well), she wakes up early in the morning b/f everyone (fail) but hopefully I can make that a habit soon. Josh always wakes up b/f me. She works from home and is a wise business woman. (I have a vision ;) She has many wonderful qualities to mimic and her reward was..."Her children arise up and call her blessed" "her husband also, and he praiseth her." I hope that one day I can hear my husband and children stand and say those things about me. There's no place like home :)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved this post!!