Followers

Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking Back on 2010

Thank goodness for my blog and facebook! I don't think I could have remembered all the great things that happened this year without them! That my be sad to some people but if you only knew what a short term memory I have, you would understand. I think it's the reason why I can forgive people who have wronged me so easily. Nothing spiritual about me, I'm just plain out forgetful! LOL Looking back...I guess I did reach most of my goals this year! HOORAY!!! I didn't realize how much I had accomplished over this time. I've been so focused on the negative I forgot how much good has come out of this year. I wanted to share some of them with you.

One of the things that helped me reach my goals was this blog! The picture above was the original format when I started blogging. I published my first blog on March 11, 2010 is was called Climbing Mt. Laundry .

I didn't plan on writing anything or even posting alot. I was just going to use it as accountability for myself and for posting tidbits of my life. I became very involved in my homemaking after that. This blog made homemaking fun and enjoyable because I was sharing my work and life with the world! I didn't think it would help anyone or that anyone would even follow me but little by little people have stopped by and read my blog. Some of you have even sent me messages thanking me for posting certain aspects of my life and you've told me how much you love reading my posts. I'm always shocked that what I write here actually inspires someone to be a better mother, wife or homemaker. That is the goal here. This blog has helped me stay focused my home and perfected many of my homemaking skills. I learned how to make homemade strawberry jelly, pop tarts, cobblers, pies and many other fattening yummy goodies. I became organized. I learned how to paint, patch holes in my walls and stain furniture. I even redecorated my little girls room all by myself :) This blog has truly been a blessing to me and I'm the one running it. I wanted to say thank you to my 24 faithful followers who are an encouragement to me with all your nice comments. Keep them coming!

Here are a few things that happened in 2010 which didn't make my blog that I wanted to share with you all.

  • I made some very close trustworthy friends this year. I cannot tell you how important it is to have true friends that are real 24/7. We have had some great times together :)
  • I went to Tybee Island in Savannah, Ga for a week. I woke up every morning around 6:30 to watch the morning sunrise over the waving sea. Changed my life forever!!!
  • I'm a better mother than I was last year. Not perfect but better ;)
  • I went to the FOX Theater in Atlanta, Ga twice this year! I saw Mary Poppins & CATS! Both were great experiences.
  • I attended two Ladies Teas in which I received great help and fellowship from fellow ladies. Those are always really fun!
  • I became more adventurous and outgoing. Always a plus ;)
  • I grew up a little when I turned 30.
  • We didn't have as many hard times
  • We moved to a new house that is absolutely amazing! I love the nature that surrounds us!
  • I hosted my first Thanksgiving Dinner at our house where both sides of the family attended.
  • And I had a White Christmas
  • The Lord has always blessed me but especially this year.
So after looking back on this year I can now see how blessed I truly was and I feel blessed instead of stressed ;) I'll leave you with this...I encourage you to do the same. Look back at pictures, posts and memories of last year. I'm sure you will see how blessed you've been as well.

Happy 2011 EVERYONE!!!










2 comments:

Edie Mindell said...

You have a wonderful blog, and I think you are going to attract more readers than before this year.:-) Thanks for sharing them with us. I hope to visit your blog more often. God Bless you and your family.:-)

Mrs David W said...

I have been enjoying your blog for a few months now, but I am so bad about commenting! Keep up the good work, serving the Lord and raising kids in his truth! Also, don't let Mt Laundry get ya down :) :)