Followers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Making the most of Mondays

It's Monday again. I don't know about you but it's always hard for me to get back into the swing of things after a busy weekend. The house is always a wreck when we wake up and I feel groggy! We did get off to a good start this morning. School started promptly at 8:30 and peach cobbler was served for breakfast. But as the morning went on I began to get a tummy ache. I suspected it to be the cobbler and it did not agree with me so I had to lay down. Not my fave thing to do on a Monday. That backed me up a bit. School lasted longer than usual and we had a late lunch, of course that backed up my chores and made me drop others. As you can see it wasn't my typical day. It's 6:00pm now and finally we're back on track. Well except for dinner. I have to go to the grocery store first. I'm a regular procrastinator when it comes to grocery shopping lately. Everyone has these days and you can't let them get to you. The best thing to do in this predicament is to stay calm and take on one task at a time. Don't get stressed or worry about what didn't get done b/c there's always tomorrow. You never know what messes or mishaps the day holds, especially with 5 children running around the house. When you accept what life throws at you and make the most of it, your bound to have a better attitude at the end of the day. As the saying goes..."When life gives you lemons make lemonade" unless you don't like lemonade then you can make orange juice and let everyone wonder how you did it ;)

No comments: