Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts

These pop tarts were so delish and easy to make! Well if you have some of my homemade strawberry jelly on hand ;) If not you can use jam. I wanted to roll out my own dough but didn't have any shortening so I used pie crusts instead. I took 4 sheets of pie crusts, cut them into sheets about 3 1/2 inches wide and 10 inches long. Then I placed about 1 tbs of my homemade jelly in the middle, folded it over and pressed the pastry closed on all sides with a fork. Baked it at 425 degrees for 8-10 mins until golden. I also made the frosting using 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 tbs milk combined and stirred, then spread it on top of the pop tarts. I couldn't find my sprinkles to put on top but that would have been cute. You can pretty much fill these with anything! Cherries, apples, chocolate and the list goes on. There are endless possibilities! So try it and enjoy :)

No comments: