Followers

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Day For Stitches

We started off the morning at church. We had a moving service and went outside for Super Sunday! Fun, fun, fun!!!!! Super slides......
Snow cones.............
Treats, food, cotton candy...................
A moon walk or bouncy house is what my little ones call it.
and the Dunk Tank! Jacob looks forward every year to getting in the dunk tank. He begged me all weekend and morning and finally I said he could. He was having a great time until..................
the accident! He fell and hit his mouth on the board of the dunk tank :( It wasn't on purpose but another child hit the button as he was getting back on the seating board and....wham! Now I don't usually take my boys to the hospital for minor cuts but I knew this one was bad.
So off we went to sit in the waiting room for a few hours.
This is Jake, all sewn up and looking better :) smiling even!
Three stitches and an antibiotic to prevent infection. I'm glad he's OK. He was apprehensive going in, fearing the needles and the fact that someone would be sewing up his mouth. I told him a Bible verse that always helps me when I'm scared. "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee" (Psalm 56:3). Anytime we are fearful we can always trust that He will protect us and keep us safe. I told him to pray and ask the Lord to help him and that it wouldn't hurt as bad if he did. He was very brave and the Lord helped him through it :) It may seem like a small thing to us but it was a big thing to him.

No comments: