Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My 30th Birthday

I spent most of the day talking with friends via phone, text and facebook trying to plan my dinner party. I hardly did anything all day. I did do the dishes, straighten up and go to the grocery store but that was it. My kids thought it would be a good idea if I took the school day off so I did. I'm sure it was more of a treat for them than me though ;) My mother in law came over to watch the kids that evening so that I could go meet my friends for dinner. Then I got a call from my husband Josh, saying he wasn't going to make it. I knew he was on call and he told me that he was still at a previous job 10 minutes before we were supposed to meet. I was bummed about it but I wanted to keep a good attitude. I met my sister and a friend at my moms house so that we could ride together. When I got there I had forgotten to put on some lipstick so I went into the bathroom to put some on and someone was in the shower! I went to close the door immediately because I didn't know who in the world was in there. Then my husband bopped his head out from behind the shower curtain! I was totally surprised and happy that he was able to make it. He got me good! I totally believed his bogus story about being at work. My poor parents were listening to my spill about how Josh wasn't coming and my mom and dad were acting weird I thought. Now I knew why.We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with a small group of friends, then went to check out my friend's new apartment around the corner. We had a great time laughing, cutting up and taking pictures! It was a nice birthday :)


No comments: