Followers

Friday, April 8, 2011

My 5 Laundering Tips


Have you ever washed clothes only to find that they still don't smell clean? Arrrgghhh!!!! That is so annoying!!! I know I have!

So here are a few tips I have for making my laundry smell clean and fresh!
  1. Always set your washer on warm wash & cold rinse. I use to try and save energy buy washing in cold but I have found that washing in warm helps loosen up dirt and grim on clothes. So it's worth the sacrifice for me and my clothes are cleaner.
  2. Use color bleach along with your laundry detergent in your colors, blankets & blue jean cycles! The discovery of this has been a blessing. It eliminates any sour odors or mildew smells that clothes sometimes get.
  3. Never let your clothes sit in the washer!!!!! Remove them promptly! Not doing so will cause your clothes to sour. If you do forget after a few hours you should rewash.
  4. Always use bleach in your whites & towel cycles. This kills all those nasty germs and eliminates any odor or mildew on the fabric. (tip: always let your towels and rags air dry before putting them in the dirty clothes basket so they don't mildew)
  5. Buy a bounce dryer bar or bounce dryer sheets to throw in each drying cycle. Your clothes will smell lovely when you remove them from the dryer. Do you have any tips? If so feel free to comment below :)

4 comments:

Amber said...

A little white vinegar in the wash works wonders! And if you do forget a load in there for a day or two and it smells mildewy, just add about 1/4-1/2 cup vinegar, a little more detergent, and run it through the wash. It gets that nasty smell out! I know this by experience! Too much experience, I'm afraid to admit!

Michelle Murray said...

Ooh! Thanks! I will defiantly try that the next time I let my clothes sit, soak and sour ;)

Always Learning said...

Thanks for your tips. I also make my own laundry soap that works great. The recipe is on my blog if you are interested.

Thank you for linking up to my blog. It will be on Tuesdays from now on.

Blessings,
Lori

Michelle Murray said...

Yeah thanks I'll check it out :)