Followers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dreams Goals & Aspirations

Three years ago at the age of 27, I wrote down some dreams and aspirations of the lady I wanted to be in years to come. I remember having a passion and a burden like no other to become what I had written down. I clearly felt a drawing to help ladies in some shape or form, through the Bible. Whether is was being a good wife & mother, encouraging a homeschooling mom who just stepped out on faith and decided to teach her children at home or just being a listening ear or encouragement to them. I really wasn't sure what I'd be doing in the future but I had some aspirations of maybe writing a book and speaking to ladies about womanhood and how to follow biblical teaching God's way. The only problem was that (1.) I knew I was too young to teach anybody anything and number (2.) I wasn't wise enough yet. So I set a goal of what I thought would be a grown up age, an age that would give some wisdom about me and experience so that ladies would at least listen to me and not think I was too young and inexperienced to know anything about life let alone the Bible. So I chose the ripe old age of
30! Ha ha! I thought that by that time I could have accomplished and become most of these things I had written down.

Let me now say that I am 30 years old and while I do have some experience under my belt and some wisdom about me I do not feel that I am capable of doing any of these things that I had imagined I would be doing. I will say that the Lord allowed me to speak to a group of wonderful ladies at a ladies banquet when I was 28. I said I didn't want to do it again because speaking was so nerve racking. But then again I know if someone asked me to do it again, I would not pass up the opportunity to be a blessing to someone. I have not written a book of any kind but I have written this blog which I find to be either the beginnings of a book, or this is what the Lord was pressing upon my heart when I wrote it down. Either way I realize what I want and what God gives are not always the same but rather tempered to better fit His plan for our lives.

I'm just amazed at how my small petition of what I thought the Lord wanted and I wanted for my life has actually been granted. I wrote them down and asked the Lord if it be His will let it be done. Now granted the whole list didn't come true. I didn't learn to play the fiddle or play in a bluegrass band lol but that was just a dream I had. I am completely taken back by this thought. I've been going about my business living life and not making any of this happen but rather stumbled across a blog one day and said..Oh this is neat. I didn't even know what a blog was or even why I should have one, but I started it not really knowing what my aim would be and it kinda evolved into what it is today. And all the while I was clueless and forgetful of the dreams I had written down on that paper just three years ago. I HAD FORGOTTEN BUT HE HAD NOT FORGOTTEN AND THAT JUST BLESSES MY SOCKS OFF! Just to know that He would take time to help me get to this point in life where I can see the woman that God let me see a few years ago. I have been dwelling on these things for three days now and I just can't get over it. Thank you Lord! God is good to me :)


So get out your pencil and paper or booklet that you like to write in. Pray about what the Lord would have you to become in the near future and write it down. Even the desires of your heart that you would like to see happen in your life. You'll be blessed when you start to see these things you've written down become reality in your life.
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Proverbs 29:18


I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:14



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have done this before a few years ago. Matter fact every year I journal on Mother's Day (not this one) to shar my thoughts on the patst year, struggles, and accomplishments through Christ as a mom. But this year was so rough and tough. I couldn't even journal. Maybe I should. Maybe it may enlighten me that God has doen some work in me from last years entry.

Thanks for sharing.

Michelle Murray said...

It defiantly wouldn't hurt. Sometimes all we need is a fresh vision. Something to look forward to. Something that helps us what to get up in the morning and try again, leaving our life in the Lord's hands and keeping the faith that He's gonna come through even when times are tough. Let's face it. Those times are really the best times because we do so much growing and it only makes us stronger. Keeping that vision clear before your eyes and in your heart will remind you of the mark you are trying to reach when life gets hard ;) Then one day when u least expect it the Lord will lay it all in your lap and say...here... you asked for this and now I'm giving it to you :)

Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he. Prov. 19:18

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Phil. 3:14 :)