Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bleach Pen T-Shirt

I came across this idea over at Homespun With Love and knew I had to try it! Click on the link to see her instructions. Basically you buy a bleach pen and a dark colored T-shirt. Put wax paper inside the shirt so the bleach doesn't penetrate the other side. I'm good at drawing free hand so I just Googled fish coloring pages etc. and picked one I liked.

I used the bleach pen to draw it on the t-shirt. You'll see it start to develop within a matter of mins. I didn't wait for mine to dry b/c I could see that the bleach was going to spread out more than I wanted.

Here's the whale ^_^ I like it best!


Use a Q-tip to take off the access bleach.

Trace along the lines of your picture with the Q-tip and let set until you are pleased with how the bleach has developed.


Then hand wash with laundry detergent in the sink and rinse well.

I hung mine out in the sun to dry.

Here's how the fish turned out.

and here's the whale :)

Joel wore his to church last night

You can be as creative or as simple as you want. A simple heart or sunshine would be cute as well. Happy Creating!

6 comments:

Tara said...

These are so very cute! Great job! I'm afraid my free hand drawing wouldn't be so good though! In fact, my Sunday school class of first graders get a real kick out of my drawings in class!

Mom of 5 said...

Ha ha! Well you can make a big smiley face ;)

Shebsywebsy said...

Ooooh I love this!! Such a great idea!

gotjoy3 said...

Very cool!!!!

Mom of 5 said...

They turned out just awesome, so love it!

Anonymous said...

It serves more purposes and it can't be destroyed or consumed physically.

Feel free to surf to my web page - Flex Belt