Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bleach Pen T-Shirt

I came across this idea over at Homespun With Love and knew I had to try it! Click on the link to see her instructions. Basically you buy a bleach pen and a dark colored T-shirt. Put wax paper inside the shirt so the bleach doesn't penetrate the other side. I'm good at drawing free hand so I just Googled fish coloring pages etc. and picked one I liked.

I used the bleach pen to draw it on the t-shirt. You'll see it start to develop within a matter of mins. I didn't wait for mine to dry b/c I could see that the bleach was going to spread out more than I wanted.

Here's the whale ^_^ I like it best!


Use a Q-tip to take off the access bleach.

Trace along the lines of your picture with the Q-tip and let set until you are pleased with how the bleach has developed.


Then hand wash with laundry detergent in the sink and rinse well.

I hung mine out in the sun to dry.

Here's how the fish turned out.

and here's the whale :)

Joel wore his to church last night

You can be as creative or as simple as you want. A simple heart or sunshine would be cute as well. Happy Creating!

6 comments:

Tara said...

These are so very cute! Great job! I'm afraid my free hand drawing wouldn't be so good though! In fact, my Sunday school class of first graders get a real kick out of my drawings in class!

Michelle Murray said...

Ha ha! Well you can make a big smiley face ;)

Shebsywebsy said...

Ooooh I love this!! Such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!!!!

Michelle Murray said...

They turned out just awesome, so love it!

Anonymous said...

It serves more purposes and it can't be destroyed or consumed physically.

Feel free to surf to my web page - Flex Belt