Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Leaf Lantern Craft

How did I make this cozy leaf lantern?
1. Well, I applied Elmer's Glue to the outside of a small mason jar using my fingers, then placed a soft leaf on top it. Old crunchy leaves will not work. I guess I could've used a brush for this but I didn't mind getting my hands dirty.

2. I applied the glue directly on top of the leaf and spread it out, covering the entire surface, pressing the leaf down to make sure it was sealed in.

3. Then repeated steps 1 & 2 for the second leaf.


4. I applied glue to the entire jar, making sure the leaves and exposed glass were covered .

Then I added a tea light candle. In some of the pictures you can see candle wax on the jar. That's because I dropped the candle into the jar real quick while it was lit and when I did, the wax splattered up on the inside.

When the glue dried, the glass looked like it was frosted. It gives off a lovely warm glow in the evening and I think it turned out well :) My husband must have liked it too because I noticed he had it lit while he was watching T.V. later that night. LOL So have fun making one yourself. But beware it's messy ;)

Photobucket>

3 comments:

Vicki said...

So cute & cozy!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

What a cute idea...think I might use a brush LOL.

Michelle Murray said...

Yeah, I should have but didn't lol