Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Mom Made Shelter

I love the outdoors during this time of year! The weather is perfect for working and playing out in the yard. I have been wanting to create some fun structures around the property for some time now. This is one of them.
There's just something about the fall air that makes me want to get up and do something. (Nine days until the Autumnal Equinox, and yes I am counting.) I love fall! Another thing I have started back doing is jogging up and down the driveway. It's not so hot and muggy as it has been this summer so I feel motivated to do it. I had a ton of energy yesterday and I felt inspired to create something. The lazy days of summer are over!

So I built this shelter for the kids :) It was some good exercise. I don't enjoy working out inside of my house on a mat or walking on the treadmill. I do however like to be outside in the fresh air and a little hard work can burn alot of calories.

I think I may create some trails around this area to make it a fun place for the kids to spend hours playing.

I used rocks from the creek to stabilize the structure on one side and a large fallen tree for the other side. I didn't want all of my hard work to come tumbling down at the slightest bump.

Side view

Back side
Later that afternoon, I took the kids down to the creek to show them what I had made for them. Of course they loved it! They ran up to the house to pack some clothes & sleeping bags. They informed me that they would be camping out in the shelter that night ;) It didn't quite work out as they had planned but they did spend a good part of the evening playing down there and having a fun time.

Photobucket>

Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How neat! Bet the kids love it.Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

That looks like fun! My brother and his friends used to build forts in our backyard all the time and they were so fun to play in.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Really, really cool...your children are blessed to have you as their mom.

Connie

Michelle Murray said...

Thanks y'all :)